ELSBREE STYLE (D.I.E.S)

ELSBREE STYLE (D.I.E.S)
ROCKIN THE FDNY JOB SHIRT

Friday, August 12, 2011

Fire Helmets and Pavement ( Anger Ensues )

This story absolutely irrelevant to EMS however it is a funny story and as from the last story you may have figured out that in my late teens and early twenties i was a bit of a hot head. With that said this story is funny and very amusing to me and was the cause for my fire chief to place a hangman's noose in his office with a sign that for insubordinate members.


Again not sure when this was but one of our neighboring towns had a huge apartment building fire. Remember this is rural land so a three story apartment building fire is huge for us as we only run about seventy or so fire calls a year and between four and five hundred EMS calls a year. We go in route with three trucks our Engine, Ladder and our rescue.


We arrive on scene and the town is attempting to do an interior attack and we set up our truck in the back parking lot and prepare for an interior attack. Me and another guy go in and with a hand line we clear the first apartment and as we are making are way out of the backside first floor apartment the federal Que begins to blow (alarm to get out). As were coming out the building becomes completely engulfed in flames and is going good. This just turned into a surround an drown.

So we set up our Blitzfire on a 2.5 inch line about twenty to thirty feet away from the backside of the building with flames and thick smoke rolling out there is almost no visibility. So naturally I stay on SCBA and the Blitzfire is one man tool and you operate it sitting on the ground. So i’m operating it and my pass alarm goes off several times a wiggle to turn it off and smoke still surrounding and its heavy. My assistant chief begins yelling at me to take my fucking pack off if my alarm keeps going off. So I then being the asshole i am blew a fucking gasket and proceeded to argue with him as to why the hell i would take my fucking air pack off if I cant even see the fucking building. Then it got out of fucking hand i ripped my air pack of and proceeded to swear like a drunken sailor and said lots of colorful things. I then ripped my helmet off and proceeded to throw it at his face, before i could get the helmet out of my hand i was pinned to the pavement by two firefighters a state trooper and a fire investigator. I then proceeded to tell the trooper and the fire investigator to fuck off and get the fuck off me. Well after about three minutes the trooper assisted me to my feet and walked me to the rehab tent and told me i needed a break. This story still make me laugh to this day. Hence the noose in the office that still hangs there. I did not get suspended for this however i was close to being dismissed but was not.


No comments:

Post a Comment

MED EVAC

MED EVAC
MERCY FLIGHT FLYING TO TRAUMA CENTER FROM AND MVA I HAD

THIS WAS BAD

MERCY FLIGHT LANDING

MERCY FLIGHT LANDING
FOR TRANSFER TO TRAUMA CENTER

PARAMEDIC GRADATION

PARAMEDIC GRADATION
WHAT A RIDE INSTEAD OF CERTIFICATES THEY SHOULD HAVE HANDED OUT A BIBLE AND A CROSS